Error Message: Your Browser Is Not Currently Set to Accept Cookies
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you attempt to browse to a Web site, you may receive an error message similar to the following:
Your browser is not currently set to accept cookies.
This behavior may occur even though your Web browser is configured to accept cookies.NOTE
: You may not experience this problem when you browse to other Web sites.
This behavior can occur in the following situation:
- You browse to a Web site that is saved in your list of Favorites.
- The Favorite for the Web site is damaged.
To resolve this problem, remove the Web site from your list of Favorites, and then again add it the list. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- On the Favorites menu, click Organize Favorites.
- In the list of Favorites, click the Favorite for the Web site where you have the problem.
- Click Delete, and then click Yes to send the item to the Recycle Bin.
- Click Close.
- Quit and then restart Internet Explorer.
- Browse to the Web site that you want to again add to your Favorites list.
- On the Favorites menu, click Add to Favorites, and then click OK.
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Error Message: Not Accepting Cookies
Article ID: 317689 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 14:27:00 - Revision: 3.0