User is prompted for credentials after they add a shared mailbox as a second Exchange email account in their Outlook profile
- You have a hybrid deployment of on-premises Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Exchange Online in Office 365.
- You configured legacy on-premises public folders for a hybrid deployment.
- You create a shared mailbox that's located in Exchange Online.
- You assign Full Access permissions to one or more users.
- The user adds the shared mailbox as a second Exchange account in their existing Outlook profile.
[LoginPermException] 'User SID: S-1-5-21-1458817636-171340609-1824194506-1199' can't act as owner of a MailUser object '/o=ExchangeLabs/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=189bd14f1ede49d797785e8f20d55edf-Shared Mail' with SID S-1-5-21-1458817636-171340609-1824194506-1207 and MasterAccountSid S-1-5-10 (StoreError=LoginPerm)
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website or the Exchange TechNet Forums.
Article ID: 3184064 - Last Review: 08/12/2016 05:59:00 - Revision: 2.0
- o365 hybrid KB3184064