You receive an "Error 1904. Module file name failed to register" error message when you install Office
This article was previously published under Q318494
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to install Microsoft Office, you may receive an error message similar to the following
Error 1904. Module file name failed to register.where file name indicates the name of the missing file.
You can click Cancel, Retry, or Ignore. If you click Retry, you receive the same error message again. If you click Ignore, Setup continues, and then you receive the following error message:
Error 25506: c:/windows/system/asycfkt.dll is version 2.40.4275.1 you need version 2.40.4277.1
This issue may occur if any of the following conditions is true:
- Your computer uses an outdated version of Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC).
- Some of the MDAC files are corrupted.
- Some of the MDAC files have been deleted.
To resolve this issue, install the latest version of MDAC. To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/data/aa937695.aspx
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the latest version of MDAC.
- Install Office.
OFFXP prb PPT
Article ID: 318494 - Last Review: 12/07/2015 09:03:16 - Revision: 2.8
Microsoft Visio 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Visio 2002 Professional Edition, Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition, Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition, Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition, Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition for Students and Teachers, Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition, Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition, Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbsetup kbtshoot kberrmsg kbprb KB318494