How to switch from Deferred Channel to Current Channel for the Office 365 suite
Consider the following scenarios:
- You just installed Office 365, and you're on the Deferred Channel.
- A fix has been released and you want to move to the Current Channel to receive it.
- A new feature has been released and you want to move to the Current Channel to receive it.
Here's an easy fixTo fix this problem automatically, click the Download button. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you're not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfTo do this, follow these steps:
- Start Notepad.
- Paste the following script in Notepad, and save with a .bat extension:
setlocalreg query HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\Configuration\ /v CDNBaseUrlif %errorlevel%==0 (goto SwitchChannel) else (goto End):SwitchChannelreg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\Configuration /v CDNBaseUrl /t REG_SZ /d "http://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/492350f6-3a01-4f97-b9c0-c7c6ddf67d60" /freg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\Configuration /v UpdateUrl /freg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\Configuration /v UpdateToVersion /freg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\ClickToRun\Updates /v UpdateToVersion /freg delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\OfficeUpdate\ /f"%CommonProgramFiles%\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user:EndEndlocal
- Run the script on the computer.
By default, Office 365 ProPlus suite installation sets the update channel to Deferred Channel. To learn more about the various channels in the Office 365 suite, see Overview of update channels for Office 365 ProPlus.
Note This sample script is provided "as is" with no warranty or support from Microsoft. It's a demonstration, and is used for informational purposes only. The script has not been rigorously tested in all environments and doesn't contain error handling. You must make it "production ready" if you use it in any development solution.
O365 Channel Switch Deferred Channel Current
Article ID: 3185078 - Last Review: 09/28/2016 02:30:00 - Revision: 6.0
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
- kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbhowto kbfixme KB3185078