Errors have been detected in your .ost file in Outlook
When you examine the application event log, you find an event with ID 2000 with details similar to the following:
Log Name: Application
Event ID: 2000
Description: Database corruption was detected and the process was terminated.
Process: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office1x\OUTLOOK.EXE" (fb0.96c)
Note The x placeholder in the Process path represents your version of Office (16 = Office 2016, 15 = Office 2013).
- Close Outlook.
- Browse to the following location:
- Find the .ost file that the error message reported to have errors, and then delete it.
- Start Outlook.
983036 The Scanost.exe tool is not available starting with Outlook 2010
You can use the following steps to review the Application event log:
- In Control Panel, open Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Event Viewer.
- In the left pane, select Application under Windows Logs.
- In the Actions pane, click Filter Current Log.
- In the Filter Current Log dialog box, enter 2000 and then click OK.
Article ID: 3186812 - Last Review: 08/26/2016 17:32:00 - Revision: 2.0