Outlook 2016 crashes with an Outlook.com account
When this occurs, you may find a crash signature similar to the following in the Application log for Event ID 1000.
Faulting application name: Outlook.exe
Faulting application version: 16.0.7341.2035
Faulting module name: pstprx32.dll
Faulting application version: 16.0.7341.6536
Fault offset: 000c56c5
Note In the Application log, the versions of Outlook.exe and pstprx32.dll, and the Fault offset may vary from those listed here.
- Exit Outlook.
- In Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.
To locate the Mail item, open Control Panel, and then in the Search box at the top of window, type Mail. In Control Panel for Windows XP, type Mail in the Address box.
- Click Show Profiles.
- Click Add.
- Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.
- With Email Account selected, enter your name, email address and password, and then click Next.
- Allow time for your account to be automatically configured, and then click Finish.
- In Mail, make sure that the Always use this profile option is selected, and then select your new profile name from the list.
- Click OK.
- In Control Panel, open the Administrative Tools item.
- Double-click Event Viewer.
- In the details pane, select Application under Windows Logs.
- In the Actions pane, click Filter Current Log.
- In the Filter Current Log dialog box, enter 1000 (as shown in the following screen shot), and then click OK.
Article ID: 3193685 - Last Review: 09/30/2016 18:56:00 - Revision: 1.0