Messages aren't evenly distributed when BasicAuth or BasicAuthRequireTLS is used in Exchange Server 2013 or later
- Your mailbox is located on Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 or a later version of Exchange Server.
- Some messages that are sent to you through a custom send connector from another SMTP server (such as an Edge server) have the Smart Host Authentication Mechanism set to either BasicAuth or BasicAuthRequireTLS.
- These messages target a single server in the destination or a set of servers in a database availability group (DAG).
- Locate the MSExchangeFrontEndTransport.exe configuration file.
Note By default, this file can be found in the following location:%ExchangeInstallPath%Bin\MSExchangeFrontendTransport.exe.config
- Add the following line under <appSettings>:
…<appSettings>// Add the following line.<add key="ClientProxyPreferMailboxMountedServer" value="false" />// End of the added line.…
- Save the changes, and then restart the Front End Transport service on the server.
Article ID: 3195087 - Last Review: 10/03/2016 04:22:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced KB3195087