How to check the version of Skype for Business 2016
Note In Office 2016, the Help > About window actually shows the version of the MSO library that's used by that particular application. So that method can no longer be used to find the application version.
How to find the version number
- Open any Office application, such as Word or Excel, and then create a document.
- On the File tab, select either the Account or Help command.
- Under Product Information, you'll see your Office product name and, in some cases, the full version number.
- Open Task Manager while the Skype for Business 2016 is running.
- On the Details tab, locate Lync.exe.
- Right-click Lync.exe. and then select Open file location.
- In the Description list, locate the product version number.
See the following Microsoft website to learn how to create a PowerShell script to check the version number of Skype for Business:
Article ID: 3195481 - Last Review: 10/28/2016 22:12:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbsurveynew KB3195481