XCLN: How to Use the Mdbvu32 Utility to Remove Inbox Rules
This article was previously published under Q320022
This article describes how to use the Mdbvu32 utility to remove Inbox rules that that you may not be able to remove by other means, including the CleanSweep utility.
NOTE: The Mdbvu32 utility is located on the Microsoft Exchange Server CD. You run the Mdbvu32 utility on the computer that is running Microsoft Outlook.
To use the Mdbvu32 utility to remove Inbox rules, follow these steps:
- Start the Mdbvu32.exe utility on the client computer. This utility is located on your Exchange Server CD in the CD-ROM_Drive\Server\Support\Utils\I386 folder.
- Click OK, select your profile in the Choose Profile dialog box, and then click OK.
- In the MDB Viewer Test Application dialog box, click OpenMessageStore on the MDB menu.
- Make sure that your mailbox is selected, and then click Open.
- Click Open Root Folder on the MDB menu.
- In the MAPI_Folder-Root dialog box, double-click Top of Information Store in the Child Folders list.
- In the MAPI_Folder-Top of Information Store dialog box, double-click Inbox in the Child Folders list.
- Examine the contents of the Associated Messages in Fld list where all your rules are listed. Click the rule that you want to delete (to examine rule's properties, double-click it).
- In the Operations available (Select operation, then push Call Function button) text box, click the down arrow to open the list of available functions.
- Click lpFld ->DeleteMessages() (ON SELECTED MSGS), and then click Call Function.
- In the MAPI_FOLDER - Inbox ->DeleteMessages() dialog box, click OK to delete the rule that you selected.
- Click Close three times.
- In the MDB Viewer Test Application dialog box, click Store Logoff on the MDB menu, and then click OK twice.
- In the MDB Viewer Test Application dialog box, click Exit on the Session menu.
For additional information about the CleanSweep tool, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Installing and Using the CleanSweep Tool
For additional information about the Mdbvu32 tool, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
XADM: Mdbvu32 Enhancements for Viewing/Managing Rules Messages
Article ID: 320022 - Last Review: 02/28/2007 19:33:23 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition