PostalAddressIndex property isn't returning the correct value in Exchange Server 2013
In a Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Exchange Web Services (EWS) and Outlook are inconsistent with the definition of the PostalAddressIndex property, for example:
- If you set the index to Business in Outlook, you will get it as set to Home with EWS.
- If you set the index to Home in Outlook, you will get it as set to Business with EWS.
- If you set the index to Business in EWS, you will get it as set to Home with Outlook.
- If you set the index to Home in EWS, you will get it as set to Business with Outlook.
This issue occurs because the enumerated values (Home and Business) in PhysicalAddressIndexType are flipped.
To fix this issue, install Cumulative Update 15 for Exchange Server 2013 or a later cumulative update for Exchange Server 2013.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3203039 - Last Review: 12/13/2016 17:15:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard Edition
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced KB3203039