This article explains how to merge Office Address Book contacts to Avery labels in Word X for Mac.
Create a Data Merge by Using the Office Address Book
- Start Word X for Mac, and then open a new blank document.
- On the Tools menu, click Data Merge Manager.
The Data Merge Manager appears to the right of the document on the screen.
- In the Data Merge Manager, click Create under Main Document, and then click Labels.
- In the Label Options dialog box, select the Avery label product number that you are using, and then click OK.
- In the Data Merge Manager, click Get Data under Data Source, and then click Office Address Book.
- In the Edit Labels dialog box, click the down-arrow in the Insert Merge Field list, and then insert the fields in the exact form that you want to use in the labels. Make sure that you insert any necessary spaces or punctuation.
City, State_or_Province Zip_Code
- After you have completed inserting the merge fields, click OK.
- To preview the addresses and verify that everything appears as you want it to, click the arrow next to Preview, and then click View Merged Data.
- If everything appears as you want it to, proceed to the next step. Or, you can modify the format of the labels or add and remove fields, as follows:
- To add Merge or Word fields, drag the Merge or Word fields from the Data Merge Manager into the first cell of the table (the upper-left label).
- When you have completed your modifications of the first cell in the table, click Propagate Label document under Data Source to adjust the remaining labels according to your changes.
- In the Data Merge Manager, click Merge to New Document under Merge to complete the merge process.
After the merge is completed, you are presented with a new document that contains your labels. You can edit, print, and save this document for future use if you want.
Article ID: 321998 - Last Review: October 24, 2013 - Revision: 1.2
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB321998|