Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP3 security features and best practices
This article was previously published under Q322712
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
To view a white paper that introduces Microsoft SQL Server administrators and developers to the security features of SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP3), visit the following Microsoft Web site:
This paper discusses security best practices, gives detailed recommendations, and includes source code examples. It concludes with a security best practices checklist. Note
This paper focuses on the SQL Server engine.
The following information is included in this paper:
- SQL Server 2000 security model
- Implementation of server level security and object level security
- Secure multitier deployment
- Checklist: Security best practices
Article ID: 322712 - Last Review: 02/27/2014 18:42:18 - Revision: 4.2
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbwhitepaper KB322712