FIX: "The View State Is Invalid for This Page and Might Be Corrupted" Error Message in ASP.NET
Retired KB Content Disclaimer
- Scenario 1: Your ASP.NET application is hosted on a Web farm. A user receives a page that is served by one server but is posted to another server in that Web farm. -or-
- Scenario 2: You modify your pages, which causes the shadow, copied files in the Temporary ASP.NET files folder to be regenerated. A user has a copy of the page that was requested before this change, and the user posts the page after the files in that folder were regenerated.
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.The English version of this fix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 29-May-2002 19:18 1.0.3705.284 192,512 Aspnet_isapi.dll 29-May-2002 19:12 19,332 Aspnet_perf.ini 29-May-2002 19:18 1.0.3705.284 24,576 Aspnet_regiis.exe 29-May-2002 19:19 1.0.3705.284 28,672 Aspnet_wp.exe 20-Mar-2002 14:31 8,709 Smartnav.js 20-Mar-2002 14:31 7,003 Smartnavie5.js 29-May-2002 19:28 1.0.3705.284 1,183,744 System.web.dll
This hotfix is also available for the Korean (KOR) version of Microsoft ASP.NET. For additional information about this hotfix, see 323744.
Note The information in this article applies to the Korean version of Microsoft ASP.NET (included with the .NET Framework) 1.0.
Steps to Reproduce the Behavior
- Create an .aspx page, and then add a Button server control to the page.
- Use the following URL to open the page in your browser:http://localhost/myweb/page.aspx
- Modify the .aspx page so that the page is recompiled.
- Open a new instance of the browser.
- Use the following URL (notice the difference in the capitalization of "myweb") to open the page in the new instance of the browser:http://localhost/MyWeb/page.aspx
- Return to the original instance of the browser, and then click Submit. Notice that you receive the error message that is listed in the "Symptoms" section.
Article ID: 323744 - Last Review: 10/11/2005 21:49:45 - Revision: 4.4
- kbhotfixserver kbqfe kberrmsg kbbug kbfix kbqfe kbservercontrols kbstate KB323744