Word X for Mac stops responding when you open a document
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you open a Microsoft Word X for Mac document, Word X for Mac may stop responding. Additionally, you may have to use the Force Quit command to quit Word X for Mac.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the Apple menu, click System preferences.
- Click Accounts, and then click the Login Items tab.
- Click to clear the iTunes Helper check box.
- Restart the computer.
- On the Go menu, click Home.
- Open the Library folder, and then open the Preferences folder.
- Drag the following file to the Trash:
- In the Preferences folder, open the Microsoft folder.
- Locate the following files, and then drag them to the Trash:
- Word Settings (10)
- Carbon Registration Database
- Restart Word X for Mac, and then open your document.
MacWDX WDX macword mac hang crash bomb
Article ID: 324133 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 20:32:11 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB324133