List of Shell Fixes in Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
This article was previously published under Q324955
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP3) fixes the following shell problems:
- An access violation occurs in Explorer.exe when you incorrectly use the /select command-line option. When you type explorer /select at a command prompt, you receive the following error message:explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.The desktop icons may also disappear.
- An access violation occurs in the Win32k!GetRealOwner procedure. This update corrects a behavior in which Windows may stop responding (hang) when you run a program that creates a new window, but calls functions that use those pointers before the window's child and parent pointers are set.
- You receive error code 50 when you print large fonts to a plotter. When you print large fonts to a plotter, the computer may hang and you may receive error code 50.
- A screen saver is not activated when a DVD program runs. DirectX games and DVD players prevent a screen saver from being activated by sending input to simulate keystrokes or mouse movement. This input causes the screen saver counter to be reset.
- An access violation occurs in the WideCharToMultiByte function when you try to convert characters to codepage 50225 (ISO-2022-KR) characters.
kbShell list kbWin2000sp3fixlist
Article ID: 324955 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 17:16:34 - Revision: 3.1
Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbshell kbwin2000sp3fix kbpending KB324955