How to replace Microsoft software or hardware and order service packs
If you are in North America, the Microsoft Supplemental Parts team can help you obtain any of the following:
- Media for Service packs
Note Service packs that are available for download on the Internet might not be immediately available on CD. To locate service packs, go to http://download.microsoft.com and search for the service pack you need.
- Replacements for Microsoft software or hardware
- Product media exchanges (CDs for DVDs or DVDs for CDs)
Contact informationIn the United States and Canada, you can reach the Microsoft Supplemental Parts team at the contact numbers that are listed here:
- United States: (800) 360-7561, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific Time.
- Canada: (800) 933-4750, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific Time.
- TTY customers: Contact Microsoft at (800) 718-1599, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific Time.
Media for Service packsTo order media for service packs, contact the Microsoft Supplemental Parts team at the appropriate contact number that is provided in the "Contact Information" section.
Replacements for damaged, defective, or lost Microsoft software or hardwareTo request replacement hardware or software, contact the Microsoft Supplemental Parts team at the appropriate contact number that is provided in the "Contact Information" section. You must be in possession of the product (if it is damaged or defective) and be able to provide proof of purchase. The customer service representative will advise you of any replacement costs or shipping and handling fees that may be charged. If a product is no longer under warranty, the replacement item may no longer be available.
Replacement OEM or system builder software mediaIn most cases, you should contact the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) or the system builder directly to replace Microsoft software that was distributed with your computer. However, an exception is made for operating system service pack media*, for which you can contact us directly.
- For computer manufacturer contact information, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- For OEM software, the Certificate of Authenticity (COA) lists the computer manufacturer's name under the software version name. For more information about the COA, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Product media exchangesTo exchange Microsoft media CDs for DVDs or DVDs for CDs, contact the Microsoft Supplemental Parts team at the appropriate contact number that is provided in the "Contact Information" section. Shipping and handling fees may apply.
International replacement requestsInternational replacement requests should be directed to the appropriate local subsidiary. For more information, visit the following Web site:
Replacement product keyTo replace a product key, locate the appropriate telephone number by visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
Product purchasesIf you want help with product purchases, visit the Microsoft (MS) Store Web site:
To check the status of your orderTo check the status of an order that you placed online or over the telephone, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 326246 - Last Review: 01/14/2016 03:54:00 - Revision: 30.0
- dftsdahomeportal kmcustomerservice kbmsccsearch kbmsccsales kbinfo KB326246