Word 2002 does not correctly display e-mail addresses of Outlook contacts
This article was previously published under Q326529
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If you try to insert the address of an Outlook contact into a Word document, one or more of the following symptoms may occur:
- The Select Name dialog box opens, but your addresses (which are stored in the Outlook Address Book) do not appear in the list.
- When you click Insert Address in Word, you may receive an error message similar to the following:
An internal support function failed. Check your mail setup. You must have extended MAPI version 1.0 or higher to use this feature.
- When you try to perform a mail merge by using the Select from Outlook Contacts option, you may receive an error message similar to the following:
Unable to obtain list of tables from the data source.
This behavior may occur if the Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) component is damaged or corrupted.
MAPI is a Microsoft Windows interface that permits components to connect to mail servers, custom address books, and rich storage.
To resolve this issue, run the Fixmapi.exe utility. To do this, follow these steps:
- Quit Word, and then quit Outlook.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type fixmapi.exe, and then click OK.
Article ID: 326529 - Last Review: 02/27/2014 21:14:19 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbimport kbprb KB326529