Error message when you try to install a program after you upgrade your computer to Windows XP: "Enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package 'Isscript.msi' in the box below"
Method 1: Remove ISScript and registry entries that are associated with the programImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Currently installed programs list, click the entry for the ISScript program if it is present, and then click Remove.
Note If you receive the error message from the "Symptoms" section after you follow this step, exit Add or Remove Programs, and then go to step 4.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK
- Click the following registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\799411B8369C3D11BBDA000CF495697A
- On the File menu, click Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, type the name that you want to use for the file, select a location in which to save the file, and then click Save.
- Right-click the registry key that you located in step 6, and then click Delete.
- Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer.
Method 2: Update the InstallShield Installation EngineFor more information about how to obtain the latest InstallShield Installation Engine, contact InstallShield, or visit the following InstallShield Web site:
Note If you still have problems, you might want to ask someone for help or contact support. For information about how to contact support, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 326674 - Last Review: 12/07/2015 11:56:58 - Revision: 3.5
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbresolve kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB326674