“Sending and receiving reported error. 0x80004002” error message when you send or receive an e-mail message in Outlook 2002
This article was previously published under Q329917
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to send or receive an e-mail message in Outlook 2002, you may receive an error message similar to the following:
Sending and receiving reported error. 0x80004002. Unknown error. 0x80004002.
This issue may occur if Microsoft Office XP is not properly installed.
To resolve this issue, use the Outlook Detect and Repair tool to repair Outlook:
- In Outlook, on the Help menu, click Detect and Repair.
- When you are prompted to do so, click Start to start the detect and repair process.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the detect and repair process.
Article ID: 329917 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 09:55:00 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbrepair kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB329917