You receive a "The add-in could not be loaded" error message when you start Outlook 2002
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you start Outlook 2002, you may receive an error message that is similar to the following error message where drive
is the drive on which Windows is installed and filename.dll
is an add-in:
The add-in drive:\Windows\System\filename.dll could not be loaded.
This issue may occur when an add-in file is damaged.
To resolve this issue, use any of the following methods:
- Re-install the add-in.
- Contact the manufacturer of the add-in for the most recent version of the add-in.
- Remove the add-in.
To work around this issue, configure Outlook to prevent it from trying to load the add-in:
- Start Outlook. If you receive an error message, follow the instructions on the screen to clear it.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options.
- Click Add-in Manager.
- Click to clear the check box of the add-in that is causing the error, and then click OK.
- Click OK two times.
- Quit Outlook.
Article ID: 329924 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 20:57:08 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbcorrupt kbaddin kberrmsg kbprb KB329924