"Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011B) : 'Unknown error 0x8004011B"
Yuval Sinay MVP
COMMUNITY SOLUTIONS CONTENT DISCLAIMER
MICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
The error message: "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004011B) : 'Unknown error 0x8004011B" can apper when outlook do send/receive operation.
There few circumstances that can lead to this problem:
1. Antivirus software block connection from Outlook to the Exchange server.
2. Firewall block connection from Outlook to the Exchange server.
3. Outlook 2003 has been installed on Exchange 2003 Server/domain controller.
4. Outlook profile has been Corrupted.
5. Exchange database has been corrupted (usually this occur if some third party software - like antivirus - scan Exchange database directly).
1. Disable any antivirus on the client side and server side.
2. Verity that you use antivirus software that compatible to Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003.
3. If the outlook and Exchange server insulated from each other by using firewall, there may need to configure static port mapping:
4. Check Exchange database by using Eseutil Utility and Isinteg Utility.
5. Delete old outlook profile and create a new profile.
6. If Outlook 2003 has been installed on Exchange server/domain controller, there need to change the security settings of "log on network security" to "Kerberos
Password Authentication" ("Kerberos/NTLM Password Authentication" - the default settings - may fail to use correct authentication model).
XADM: How to Defragment with the Eseutil Utility (Eseutil.exe)
XADM: Description of the Isinteg Utility
Using Exchange Server 2003 Recovery Storage Groups
Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 Static Port Mappings
Article ID: 555049 - Last Review: 01/25/2004 05:22:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- kbpubtypecca kbpubmvp kbhowto KB555049