"System error 5 has occurred" message when you run the Net View or Net Time command
To continue receiving security updates for Windows, make sure you're running Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3).For more information, refer to this Microsoft web page: Support is ending for some versions of Windows
MICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF MICROSOFT OR ANY OF ITS SUPPLIERS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
- There is a time synchronization problem.
- Permissions to access the remote computer (Share, NTFS, GPO) are missing.
- A firewall or third-party product may eliminate the connection to the remote computer.
- The computer account is disabled, has an expired password, or doesn’t exist in the domain.
- There is an Active Directory replication problem.
- Verity that the time zone is correct and that clock synchronization is working.
- Verity that you have the appropriate permissions on the remote host. To do this, you can use the GPResult.exe command-line tool. For more information about this tool, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Open the required ports on the remote computer.
- Verity that the computer account is active and is connected to the domain. To do this, you can use the Netdom.exe command-line tool. For more information about this tool, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Verity that replication in Active Directory Replication is correct. For more information, go to the following Microsoft website:
Additionally, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 555644 - Last Review: 05/21/2013 22:30:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbmvp kbhowto KB555644