IMPORTANT: All Microsoft Mail version 2.0 customers who have gateways
installed should be using the "MS Mail GW" file version 2.00b and the
"Microsoft Mail Server" file version 2.00b, both of which are located
in the System Folder of the Mail server. An updated "MS Mail GW" file
is available through Microsoft End User Sales and Service at (800)
426-9400 or Microsoft International Customer Service at (206) 936-8661
but ONLY for customers using the AppleLink Gateway to Microsoft Mail.
Customers using other gateways must obtain an updated "MS Mail GW"
file from the developer of the gateway they are using. The Microsoft
Mail server upgrade can also be obtained at the above numbers.
To create an AppleLink gateway-access server, the associated AppleLink
gateway server must already be installed. To create an AppleLink
access server, do the following:
- Extract the AppleLink gateway-access server resources from the
AppleLink gateway server as follows:
- On the gateway server from which you are creating the access
server, select the "MS Mail 2.0" or "MS Mail" icon in the
Chooser and make sure the gateway server's name is selected.
- Click the Chooser's close box to return to the desktop.
- Start the Gateway Installer program.
- Select the AppleLink gateway from the "Gateways Installed On
This Server" list in the Gateway Installer window.
- From the Gateway menu, choose Extract Access Gateway.
- The name "AppleLink Access Gateway" is proposed. Click the Save
- Install the AppleLink gateway-access server resources as follows:
Users with accounts on the AppleLink gateway-access server will now:
- On the gateway server, select the "MS Mail 2.0" or "MS Mail"
icon in the Chooser.
- Select the appropriate AppleTalk zone and select the name of
the Mail server you are making an access server.c. Close the Chooser.
- If you are not running the Gateway Installer from step 1f
above, start the Gateway Installer program.
- The name of the Mail server you are making an access server
should be displayed.
- From the Access menu, choose Install Access Gateway.
- Select the file named "AppleLink Access Gateway", created in
step 1f above, and click the Install button.
- When done, choose Quit from the File menu.
- Have access to the AppleLink Send form in the Mail Summary window.
- Be able to send mail through the AppleLink gateway, depending on
the gateway accounts defined.
- Have access to the AppleLink gateway address screen in the Address
- See AppleLink gateway recipients, defined on the AppleLink gateway
server, in the All users list in the Address Mail window.
Article ID: 59129 - Last Review: December 29, 2014 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0a
- Microsoft Mail for AppleTalk Networks 2.0b
- Microsoft Mail for Appletalk Networks 3.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive KB59129|