Works: Exporting Works Database Files to Microsoft Excel
This article was previously published under Q78792
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
To export a Microsoft Works for Windows database into Microsoft Excel,do the following:
- Open the database file in Works for Windows.
- From the View menu, choose List.
- From the File menu, choose Save As, enter a new filename, choose Text and Tabs, dBASE III, or dBASE IV as the format, and choose OK.
- From the File menu, choose Exit Works.
- Start Excel. From the File menu, choose Open.
- Enter the full path for the file.
- The file will open directly into Excel, and the information will be arranged in columns similar to the List view in Works for Windows.
2.00 3.00 4.00 db conv w_works
Article ID: 78792 - Last Review: 12/04/2015 09:10:54 - Revision: 2.1
Microsoft Works 4.0a, Microsoft Works 4.5 Standard Edition, Microsoft Works 4.5a, Microsoft Works 2.0 Standard Edition, Microsoft Works 3.0 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbfaq kbhowto KB78792