"Error 1328. Error applying patch to file C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\OLE DB\MSDAIPP.DLL" error message when you install Office 2000 SP3
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you install the Office 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP-3), you may receive the following error message:
Error 1328. Error applying patch to file C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\OLE DB\MSDAIPP.DLL. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor.
This problem may occur if all the following conditions exist:
- Your computer is running Microsoft Windows 2000 with Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed.
- You installed Office 2000, and then updated this installation to the Office 2000 Service Release 1a (SR-1a) Update.
- You installed any of the post-Office 2000 SR-1a updates or security patches.
- Windows Installer is version 1.11.2405.0.
To resolve this problem, use any of the following methods:
- When you receive the error message, click Ignore, and then continue with the Office 2000 SP-3 installation.
- Upgrade to Windows Installer 2.0. For additional information about how to obtain the Windows Installer 2.0 upgrade, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 292539 INFO: MSI: How to Obtain the Windows Installer Engine
- Upgrade Windows 2000 to Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP3). For additional information about how to obtain the Windows 2000 SP3 update, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 260910 How to Obtain the Latest Windows 2000 Service Pack269732 How to Obtain the Windows Installer Package (Update.msi) for Windows
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
off2k off2000 win2k win2000
Article ID: 810028 - Last Review: 12/08/2015 01:38:40 - Revision: 2.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbupdateissue kbsetup kberrmsg kbprb KB810028