When you try to load an image by using the Bitmap.FromFile
method in the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0, you receive the
following error message:
An unhandle exception of type
'System.OutOfMemoryException' occurred in
This problem may occur when you use the Bitmap.FromFile
method and one of the following conditions is true:
- The image file is corrupted.
- The image file is incomplete.
Note You may experience this problem if your application is trying to
use the Bitmap.FromFile method on a file stream that is not finished writing to
- The image file does not have a valid image format or GDI+ does not support the pixel format of the file.
- The program does not have permissions to access the image
- The BackgroundImage propery is set directly from the Bitmap.FromFile method.
To work around this problem, use the following guidelines
when you load images by using the Bitmap.FromFile
- Make sure that the image file is not corrupted by opening
the image file in another program.
- Make sure that the image file is complete and that all writing
to the image file is completed before you try to load the image file.
- Make sure that the image file type is a supported image format.
For more information about image formats, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network
(MSDN) Web site:
- Examine the permissions of the image file to make sure that
the program can access the image file.
- When you set the BackgroundImage property of a form, use
the following example code to set the BackgroundImage property:
When you try to load an image from a file, you can catch the
exception and then report the error. For example, the following Microsoft Visual Basic
.NET code tries to load an image from a file:
PictureBox1.Image = Bitmap.From("c:\Badimage.gif")
Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show("Error loading file","Error")
behavior is by design.
For more information about the Bitmap
class, visit the
following MSDN Web site:
Article ID: 810109 - Last Review: May 9, 2007 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002 Professional Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002 Enterprise Architect
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002 Enterprise Developer
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002 Academic Edition
|kbtshoot kbgdiplus kbprb KB810109|