"No Network Drivers Were Found" Error Message After You Install Network Monitor
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you run the Network Monitor program (Netmon.exe), you may receive the following message:
No Networks Found
No network drivers were found. Consult your manual to make sure that you have correctly installed Network Monitor. You will only be able to view previous saved files.
This behavior may occur if you completed the following steps:
- You installed the "Network Monitor" Windows component by using the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel.
- You removed Network Monitor, but you did not restart your computer.
- You installed the full version of Network Monitor.
The Network Monitor driver is not installed under these conditions because the following registry subkey is not removed if you do not restart your computer:
Windows does not prompt you to restart your computer to complete the removal of Netmon.exe.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
To work around this problem, restart the computer (to complete the removal of the previous version of Network Monitor), and then reinstall the full version of the Network Monitor program.
Article ID: 810156 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 17:48:15 - Revision: 1.4
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB810156