You receive an "Error 1311, File not found MSPROJ10.CAB" error message when you try to install Microsoft Project 2002
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If you try to install the Academic Edition of Microsoft Project Standard 2002, you may receive the following error message when Setup is 10 to 20 percent complete:
Error 1311, File not found MSPROJ10.CAB
This is a known issue with Microsoft Project Standard 2002 Academic Edition.
To work around this issue, copy the contents of the Microsoft Project Standard 2002 CD to your hard disk, and then run Setup from your hard disk. To do so, follow these steps:
- Quit all programs that are running.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop, point to New, and then click Folder.
- Type Temporary Install Files to name the folder, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click the Temporary Install Files folder.
- On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
- Click the View tab. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.
- Insert the Microsoft Project 2002 CD into your CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent the program from starting automatically.
- Copy the contents of the CD into the Temporary Install Files folder.
- Remove the Microsoft Project 2002 CD.
- In the Temporary Install Files folder, double-click Setup.exe, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install Microsoft Project 2002.
NOTE: Do not install Microsoft Project 2002 to the Temporary Install Files folder. After Setup is complete, delete the Temporary Install Files folder.
Additional query words:
Article ID: 810595 - Last Review: 01/17/2015 16:47:48 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbsetup kbprb KB810595