How to Clear the Cache in Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to clear the proxy cache on a Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 server.
To clear the proxy cache, stop the proxy service, and then delete the contents of the URLCache folder on the proxy server. To do this, follow these steps:
- Stop the WinSock Proxy Server service:
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Services.
- Click Microsoft WinSock Proxy Service, click Stop, and then click Yes to confirm.
- When the service is stopped successfully, click Close.
- Start Windows Explorer, and then locate the following folder, where C: is the drive on which Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 is installed:
- Move or delete the contents of the Urlcache folder. By default, this folder contains the following folders:
dir1When you finish this operation, the Urlcache folder will be empty.
- Quit Windows Explorer, and then restart the WinSock Proxy Service.
For additional information about other caching issues that you may experience with Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Proxy User May Receive Old Data From a Web Site
Proxy Server 2.0 May Return Old Expires Header from Cache
For additional information about Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 811086 - Last Review: 06/20/2014 07:28:00 - Revision: 4.0