Freelancer 1.0: System Requirements
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article contains a list of the minimum and recommended system requirements for Microsoft Freelancer, version 1.0.
The minimum system requirements for Freelancer 1.0 are:
- One of the following Microsoft operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me)
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP
- A 600 megahertz (MHz) processor.
- 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM.
- A 4x CD or DVD drive.
- 1.3 gigabytes (GB) of available hard-disk space, plus space for saved games. Additional space is required for the Windows paging file and for the installation of DirectX 9.
- 16 MB video adapter with DirectX 9 compatible driver.
- A sound card that is compatible with DirectX 9.
- A keyboard.
- A mouse or other compatible pointing device.
- An Internet Connection for multiplayer games.
- A 56-kilobits-per-second (kbps) v.90 modem.
The recommended hardware and driver configurations are:
- 1 Gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor.
- 256 MB of RAM.
- An 8x or faster CD or DVD drive.
- A 32 MB video adapter with a DirectX 9 compatible driver.
Recommended for Hosting Multiplayer Games
The minimum and recommended system requirements are the same for hosting multiplayer games, but a broadband or local area network (LAN) connection is preferred.
Article ID: 814552 - Last Review: 12/08/2015 02:02:36 - Revision: 4.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbsetup kbinfo KB814552