Group Policy Processing Stops After You Apply a WMI Filter to a GPO
- That GPO may not be processed.
- All Group Policy processing may stop.
- When the WMI service is off:
If the WMI service is not running, only that GPO to which you have applied the WMI filter is not processed. All other Group Policy processing continues.
- When the WMI service is on and a known error occurs:
If a known error is encountered, only that GPO to which you have applied the WMI filter is not processed. All other Group Policy processing continues.
Note A known error in this case is an error for which the Group Policy feature has the error code, and for which it monitors.
- When the WMI service is on and an unknown error occurs:
If an error occurs for which the Group Policy feature does not have an error code and for which it does not monitor, all Group Policy processing stops (fails).
Article ID: 814613 - Last Review: 12/03/2007 04:28:49 - Revision: 6.4
- kbprb KB814613