Presentations may not print correctly when you print to an HP LaserJet 8550 or 4500 printer in PowerPoint
- Pictures that have transparency and that overlap print incorrectly.
- Picture fills that have transparency do not follow the shape, and print as a square or as a rectangle.
- Some pictures that you recolor print with the original color.
- Some metafiles that you rotate print unrotated.
- Some Portable Network Graphics (PNG) files that have transparent regions print incorrectly.
Method 1: Download the new PCL printer driverIf you use the Windows version of the HP LaserJet 8550 or 4500 PCL printer driver, download the latest HP PCL printer driver. To do so, visit the following HP Web site:
Method 2: Switch to the Windows PostScript driverIf you are running Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP, install the Windows PostScript driver version for your printer. For additional information about how to install this Windows PostScript driver, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- For the HP LaserJet 4500 printer, use the HP C LaserJet 4500-PS driver.
- For the HP LaserJet 8550 printer, use the HP Color LaserJet 8550-PS driver.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 815003 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 21:28:38 - Revision: 7.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbupgrade kbsetup kb3rdparty kbprint kbprb KB815003