Photo Editor is removed when you install Office 2003, Office 2007, or Office 2010
When you install Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, or Microsoft Office 2003, the Setup program removes all the standard components from Microsoft Office XP that were installed on your computer. This includes the Microsoft Photo Editor program.
Microsoft has replaced Photo Editor with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, a new photo editing and cataloging program in Office 2010, in Office 2007, and in Office 2003.
To work around this issue, reinstall Photo Editor. To do this, follow these steps:
- Insert the Microsoft Office XP CD-ROM into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
- If the Office XP Setup program does not start automatically, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type drive:\Setup.exe, where drive is the letter of your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
- Start to step through the Setup process, and then select Customize for the type of Setup to perform.
- When you reach the Selecting Features step, set each node of the Setup tree to Not Available.
- Under Features to install, expand Office Tools.
- Click Microsoft Photo Editor, and then click Run from My Computer.
- Click Install Now.
- Click OK when Office XP Setup has completed successfully.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Off2003 Off11 Offxp PhotoEd OFF2007
Article ID: 817095 - Last Review: 09/12/2011 05:20:00 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, Microsoft Office Word 2007, Microsoft Office Excel 2007, Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007, Microsoft Office Professional 2010, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010, Microsoft Office Standard 2010, Microsoft Office Starter 2010, Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- kbwindowsinstaller kbnofix kbsetup kbbug KB817095