Works: Online Registration Fails
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to use Online Registration
to register your copy of Microsoft Works, you may experience one of the following problems:
- You cannot find your Product Identification (PID) number to register the product.
- The PID number that you entered is returned as not valid.
- You cannot access the Online Registration page for Microsoft Works.
This behavior may occur for one of the following reasons:
- You cannot find your Product Identification number.
- You incorrectly typed your Product Identification number.
- You are experiencing network connectivity issues.
To work around this behavior, use the following methods:
Retype Your PID Number
To locate your PID number and register your copy of Microsoft Works follow these steps:
- Start Works.
- On the Help menu, click About Microsoft Works.
Write down the Product ID number. Make sure you differentiate between the number zero ("0") and the capital letter "O".
- Click OK, and then quit Microsoft Works.
- Start Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then visit the following Web site:
- Click your version of Works to start registration.
- If you are not logged on with your Microsoft Passport Network account, log on when you are prompted to log on.
- Type or verify your personal information.
- Carefully type your PID number.
- Click Finish.
Works6 WKS6 Works7 WKS7
Article ID: 817414 - Last Review: 11/02/2013 14:28:00 - Revision: 6.0
Microsoft Works 6.0, Microsoft Works 7.0, Microsoft Works Suite 2005, Microsoft Works Suite 2004, Microsoft Works Suite 2003, Microsoft Works Suite 2002, Microsoft Works Suite 2006
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbprb KB817414