Movie Does Not Play in PowerPoint Viewer or Gives Error Message in PowerPoint 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to play a movie in PowerPoint 2003, you receive the following error message however, the movie plays successfully:
The file you are attempting to play has an extension that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexpected behavior.
When you try to play a movie in Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer, the movie does not play.
This problem may occur if the movie is a QuickTime movie file (for example, *.mov).
To work around this problem, convert the movie to a different format. For example, convert the movie to one of the following formats:
- Advanced Streaming Format (*.asf)
- Audio Video Interleave (*.avi)
- Motion Picture Experts Group (*.mpg; *.mpe; *.mpeg)
- Windows Media File (*.wmv)
Article ID: 820705 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 21:49:38 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbprb KB820705