Your computer automatically restarts or a stop error or another error occurs when you have Terminal Services enabled
- Your computer may automatically restart.
- After you log on, you may receive the following error message: Microsoft WindowsIf the error message still appears and if you want to see the data that the error report contains, click the click here link at the bottom of the message box. Error signature information will appear that may be similar to the following:
The system has recovered from a serious error.
A log of this error has been created.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Windows. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.
To see what data this error report contains, click here.
BCCode : 0000001E BCP1 : c0000005 BCP2 : a0008237 BCP3 : 0 BCP4 : 20 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 272_3
- You may receive the following Stop error message on a blue screen: A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer...
*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0xc0000005, 0xa0008237, 0x0000000, 0x00000020)
Bug Check Symbolic Name
- The system log may contain an event ID 1003 entry with information that is similar to the following:
Event ID: 1003
Description:Error code 0000001E, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 a0008237, parameter300000000, parameter4 00000020. For more information, see Help and Support Center athttp://support.microsoft.com.Data:0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 35 000001E0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 66 66 eters ff0030: 66 66 66 66 64 31 2c
- The symptoms of a Stop error vary according to your computer's system failure options.
For additional information about how to configure system failure options, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:307973 HOW TO: Configure System Failure and Recovery Options in Windows
- The four parameters in the parentheses of the technical information for the Stop error vary according to the computer's configuration.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesNo prerequisites are required.
Restart requirementYou must restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------------- 19-Dec-2003 18:57 5.0.2195.6886 30,224 Mountmgr.sys 19-Jan-2004 20:04 5.0.2195.6891 1,699,968 Ntkrnlmp.exe 19-Jan-2004 20:04 5.0.2195.6891 1,699,392 Ntkrnlpa.exe 19-Jan-2004 20:05 5.0.2195.6891 1,720,128 Ntkrpamp.exe 19-Jan-2004 20:04 5.0.2195.6891 1,677,504 Ntoskrnl.exe
Article ID: 820767 - Last Review: 11/02/2013 17:58:00 - Revision: 6.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbautohotfix kbHotfixServer kbqfe kbwin2000presp5fix kberrmsg kbBluescreen kbbug kbfix KB820767