The "Mail Sent to Distribution List" Search Folder returns incorrect results in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You may notice the following symptoms with your Mail Sent to Distribution List
- No messages are found.
- The Search Folder contains messages from recipients who are not part of a personal distribution list in your Contacts folder, even though this list is the search criteria for the Search Folder.
This behavior occurs because Search Folders do not search your Contacts folder for distribution lists. The search matches only those distribution lists that are in a Global Address List.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
OL2007 OL11 OL2003 GAL DL
Article ID: 821696 - Last Review: 02/27/2014 18:44:03 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB821696