"An Error Occurred Copying File Cdrom.sys" Error Message During Windows XP Upgrade
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to perform an upgrade installation of Windows XP, you may receive the following error message:
An error occurred copying file cdrom.sys to C:\$win_nt$.~bt\cdrom.sys. The file is missing.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type msconfig in the Open box, and then click OK
- On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the following check boxes:
- Click OK, and then restart your computer.
- Run the Windows XP setup program again.
Article ID: 822124 - Last Review: 12/08/2015 02:58:27 - Revision: 1.2
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB822124