In Exchange Server 2003, administrators can use the Remove Exchange Attributes
option to remove Exchange attributes from any user object or group object. You can use this option if one of the following circumstances occurs:
- You perform a disaster recovery to a server, and you cannot reconnect mailboxes to existing Microsoft Active Directory directory service objects.
- The Active Directory Connector (ADC) improperly matches some of your Exchange attributes with your Active Directory user objects.
Use this option with caution.
To remove Exchange attributes from any user object or group object:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Click the appropriate organizational unit.
- In the organizational unit, right-click the object that you want to modify, and then click Exchange Tasks.
In the Exchange Task Wizard welcome screen, click Next.
- Click Remove Exchange Attributes, click Next, read the warning, click Next, and then click Finish.
For more information about the Remove Exchange Attributes
option, see the Exchange Server 2003 Help file (Exadmin.chm).
Article ID: 823170 - Last Review: October 25, 2007 - Revision: 1.3
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition