Some Microsoft Plus! Screen Savers Are Not Available After Typical Installation
After you install Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP, the following screen savers may not be listed on the Screen Saver tab:
Reinstalling Microsoft Plus! does not resolve the problem.
To resolve this problem, remove Plus! for Windows XP, and then reinstall it to a different folder. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP in the list of currently installed programs, click Remove, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to remove Plus! for Windows XP.
- Click Add New Programs, click CD or Floppy, insert the Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP CD into your CD-ROM drive, click Next, and then click Finish.
- In the Plus! Installation Wizard, click Custom installation, and then click Next.
- In License Agreement, click I accept the terms of the license agreement, and then click Next.
- In Custom Setup step, click Change.
- In the Change Current Destination Folder dialog box, under Folder name, type drive:\Program Files\Plus!\, and then click OK, where drive is the letter of the drive where Windows XP is installed.
- Click Next, and then click Install.
- Restart the computer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
For additional information about problems with Microsoft Plus! screen savers, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Plus! for Windows XP Screen Saver Images are Cut Off or Not Displayed
Plus! for Windows XP Screen Savers Appear Without Texture
You Cannot Change the Screen Resolution at Which Some Microsoft Plus!
Your Monitor Stays On When You Use a Plus! for Windows XP Screen Saver
Plus! for Windows XP Screen Savers Do Not Appear on Secondary Monitors
Article ID: 823304 - Last Review: 09/23/2011 23:29:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Plus! for Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition