This article describes the Microsoft Outlook 2002 issues that are fixed in the Outlook 2002 Post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package that is dated July 3, 2003.
Issues That Are Fixed in the Hotfix Package
The following issues are fixed in this hotfix package but were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- If you move move or copy folders from an Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP4) store to a Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) store, the Delete option is unavailable when you select a message in the MAPI folder and then click Edit.
- If you move move or copy folders from an IMAP4 store to a MAPI store, when you click Current View on the View menu in the MAPI folder, the IMAP4 views are still shown. For example, the IMAP Messages and Hide Messages Marked for Deletion items are still shown.
This update was first included in Office XP Service Pack 3. For additional information about the latest service pack for Office XP, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
307841back to the top
How to obtain the latest Office XP Service Pack
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.back to the topPrerequisites
back to the topRestart Information
- The optimized version of this hotfix is a post-Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP-2) hotfix. To install the hotfix, you must have Office XP SP-2 installed.
For additional information about Office XP SP-2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFFXP: Overview of the Office XP Service Pack 2
- The optimized version of this hotfix requires Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0 or later.
For additional information about the Windows Installer requirement, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
OFFXP: Office XP Updates and Patches Released After September 2002 May Require Windows Installer 2.0
- The full-file version of this hotfix is also the administrative version of this hotfix. You can install this version of the hotfix with Office XP Service Pack 1 (SP-1). However, Microsoft has not tested this fix on Office XP SP-1 to the same extent as on Office XP Service Pack 2 (SP-2). If you install this hotfix on a computer with Office XP SP-1 installed, some file conflicts might occur. Microsoft supports this configuration, but Microsoft does not recommend this configuration.
You do not have to restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.back to the topHotfix Replacement Information
This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.back to the topRegistry Information
You do not have to create or modify any registry keys to activate any hotfixes that are contained in this package.back to the topHotfix File Information
This hotfix contains only those files that you must have to correct the issues that this article lists. This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build.
The global version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in coordinated universal time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Size File name ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 03-Jul-2003 15:31 2,874,880 Olkintlff.msp (Full-File/Administrative) 03-Jul-2003 15:16 517,632 Olkintlop.msp (Optimized)
After the hotfix is installed, the global version of this fix has the file attributes (or later) that are listed in the following table.
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------------- 29-Apr-2002 18:43 10.0.4024.0 47,432 Bjablr32.dll 30-Oct-2002 18:40 5.5.2656.94 720,144 Cdo.dll_0001 30-Oct-2002 18:39 5.5.2656.94 813,328 Cdo.dll_0004 19-Jun-2003 23:58 10.0.5417.0 133,696 Contab32.dll 07-Mar-2003 01:26 10.0.5104.0 113,224 Emablt32.dll 08-May-2003 21:07 10.0.5306.0 199,240 Emsabp32.dll 28-Feb-2003 01:56 10.0.5025.0 539,208 Emsmdb32.dll 28-Mar-2003 02:12 10.0.5125.0 129,608 Emsui32.dll 01-May-2003 02:31 10.0.5229.0 854,600 Msmapi32.dll 13-Sep-2002 03:52 10.0.4510.0 531,016 Mspst32.dll 25-Nov-2002 18:50 10.0.4721.0 55,880 Olkfstub.dll 08-May-2003 21:07 10.0.5306.0 735,816 Outex.dll 01-May-2003 02:32 10.0.5229.0 1,972,808 Outllibr.dll 02-Jul-2003 23:05 10.0.5501.0 338,496 Pstprx32.dllNote
For more information about installing this hotfix, see the Readme.txt file that is included in the package.back to the top