Address Book defaults to Outlook Address Book in Outlook 2002
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you open the Address Book in Microsoft Outlook 2002, you see the Personal Address Book or the Outlook Address Book instead of the Contact list.
Note To open the Address Book, click To in an e-mail message.
This behavior occurs because the Address Book is configured to display the Outlook address book first.
To show your Contact list first when you open the Address Book, follow these steps:
- Open the Address Book.
To do this, in Outlook, click Address Book on the Tools menu.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- In the Show this address list first box, click Contacts.
- In the Keep personal addresses in box, click Personal Address Book.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 823758 - Last Review: 10/25/2013 23:18:00 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbaddressbook kbcontacts kbprb KB823758