This article contains information about the bugs that are
fixed in Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
For additional information about how to obtain Visual FoxPro 8.0 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain the latest Visual FoxPro 8.0 service pack
Visual FoxPro 8.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1) contains
the following fixes:
- Automation - When you pass an array by reference to an ADO RecordSet,
AddNew produces the following error message:
The class file () associated
with this field cannot be found - class association
- Servers - When you call a method from a second server
that is instantiated in single MTDLL under COM+, you receive the following error message:
- Servers - Error with COM Codebook application in COM+
- Servers - Returning an untyped member array
- Collection - When you call the AddProperty method of an item that is added to
a collection, the procedure returns an object reference.
- Combobox control - A selection does not work correctly when a row
source exceeds approximately 512 items.
- Combobox control - A value with an ampersand (&) adds a second
ampersand to the value that is displayed.
- Editbox conrol - C5 fatal exception error occurs when you call the editbox.refresh method that has a character field as the control source.
- Form - Error occurs at design time and run time if a
property value references the method of an object that is not in scope.
- Form - F5 does not trigger the KeyPress event of a form if the
Closable property of the form is set to .F.
- Form - The Control menu has incorrect hotkeys on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows NT
- Grid – When a Column contains a Container
object, Visual FoxPro stops responding.
- Grid - Columns display incorrectly when the RightToLeft property
is set to .T. at design time and at run time.
- Grid - The HighlightForeColor property appears white when it is set
- Grid - When the AllowCellSelection property set to .F. the
Cancel property of the command button is disabled.
- Grid – With a CursorAdapter object, you receive an error message two times, and then the form closes unexpectedly.
- Grid - If Active Accessibility is enabled (OBJ_SHOW), and you show a grid with several text columns, a fatal exception occurs.
- Grid - The grid is not refreshed if the grid is on a nonactive page of a page
- Grid - Inconsistent MouseUp event behavior occurs when you click or
you double-click a header separator line that has the AllowAutoColumnFit property
- Grid - Fatal exception occurs in a grid where there is a Container object in
- Header - A programmatically defined header class in an .exe
file is not found unless the .prg file that contains the definition is in the same
folder with the .exe file.
- Label - When you set the Caption property to a built-in property
with a blank value (such as, Caption = '=thisform.tag') you receive the following error message:
There is not sufficient memory to complete this
- Label - When you resize a label you receive the following error message, and
Visual FoxPro quits:
There is not sufficient memory to complete this
- Listbox control - A memory leak occurs when you set the RowsourceType property to 8.
- Pageframe - A fatal exception occurs when you close a form
after you click a page that has the PageOrder property set.
- Pageframe - When the TabOrientation property of a page frame is
set to 2, and you press the arrow keys to move between page tabs on a themed form, a memory leak occurs, and Visual FoxPro quits.
- Textbox - When you change a text box value where array
elements are set as the control source, you receive the following error message:
Not a character
- XMLAdapter - The XMLAdapter ignores the XMLNamespace property unless the XMLName
property is not empty and does not parse XML correctly.
- Misc - The AddProperty method sets the value of the existing
property to .F. when a new value is not passed.
- Misc - When the Caption property references a variable that is
not in scope, you receive one of the following error messages:or
data type is invalid for this
- Misc - When a caption is set to an empty string, the object name appears as the caption instead of a blank caption. For example, this behavior occurs when the caption is set to the following:
- Misc - When you dimension an object
array property to more than 32,767 elements, a fatal exception occurs.
- Misc - Fatal exception occurs when you add the custom FontBold
and FontItalic properties, and then you enable these properties.
- Misc - Fatal exception occurs when you redefine a released
variable in the Destroy method.
- Misc - Fatal exception or C++ runtime error occurs when you edit a subclassed method with an lparam list that is over 256 characters.
- Auto Increment - Auto Increment does not work correctly with APPEND FROM.
- CursorAdapter - If the ODBC driver or the OLE DB provider does not
support batched execution, a non-batched update fails when you set the UpdateType property to 2.
- CursorAdapter – In ADO, the CursorAdapter method does not update .mdb with
memo fields that are zero-length, that are null, or that are longer than 255.
- CursorAdapter – In ADO, when an update of the backend table
fails in a TABLEUPDATE( ) function call, subsequent TABLEUPDATE( ) functions fail.
- CursorAdapter - When the OLE DB provider does not populate
the Parameters collection, the OLE DB provider does not pass an empty string as a parameter for
the ADODB.Command object .
- CursorAdapter - You can call the TABLEREVERT( )
function while the TABLEUPDATE( ) function is executed.
- CursorAdapter - The TABLEUPDATE( ) function does not commit
insert in local cursor if Buffering is set to 5 and record is changed in
- CursorAdapter - When you issue an ERROR command in
the CursorAdapter method in a runtime application, you receive the following error message:
<ErrorNumber> while attempting to report error
- CursorAdapter – The ADO fetch process puts table buffer in
- Engine - When you have a table-buffered cursor with GO TOP after BEGIN
TRANS and ROLLBACK, you receive the following error message:
Index does not match the
- Engine - When you use SCAN or when you skip through records, you receive the following error message:
- Engine - When you have an opened table-buffered cursor that contains a
dirty record, you receive the following error message:
Table has no index order
- Engine - SEEK command with the ORDER DESCENDING clause does
not move to correct record with SET NEAR ON.
- Engine - SEEK command finds old and new data with
optimistic table buffering.
- Engine - When you call the TABLEUPDATE( ) function on a
table-buffered cursor with buffered changes and you use the REINDEX command, you receive the following error message:
Index does not match the
- Engine - Memory leak occurs when you pass parameters by
reference with the SQLEXEC( ) function.
- Engine - The SQLGETPROP( ) function has a memory leak.
- Engine - Visual FoxPro can stop responding when you call SQL INSERT in
the middle of a transaction.
- Engine - Shared connection does not pass parameter, and shared
connection does not execute statement in async mode.
- Engine - SET TABLEVALIDATE=2 does not report an error when
the record count is one less than it must be, and a new record overrides the existing
- Engine - Memory leak occurs with INSERT - SQL or UPDATE - SQL. INSERT - SQL and UPDATE - SQL cause errors.
- Engine - You expect the SQLSTRINGCONNECT( ) function to display a connection dialog box as it does in Visual FoxPro 7.0. Instead, the SQLSTRINGCONNECT( ) function reports an error.
- Engine - SQL Pass-Through Asynchronous Batch mode fetches
all result sets at the same time.
- Engine - COPY TO command with more than 255 fields crashes
or reports misleading error.
- Engine - The REQUERY( ) function on parameterized view fails
when the REQUERY( ) function is preceded by an equal sign (=).
- Engine - After you call the TABLEUPDATE( ) function and ROLLBACK
command in local view, and you then use the GOTO TOP command, you receive he following error message:
"Index does not match the
- ODBC - When you try to set an
invalid property in Microsoft SQL Server, you receive the following error message:.
- ODBC - Connection is not disconnected when idle timeout
- ODBC - Passing large variable to SQL Server ODBC Driver
can cause C5 crash.
- SET TABLEVALIDATE - SET TABLEVALIDATE TO sets to incorrect
- SQL - UPDATE and DELETE are not Rushmore-optimized if
target table has table buffered changes.
- SQL - When you use SELECT ... UNION with a Fox 2.x
table, you receive the following error message:
- SQL - JOIN syntax can sometimes return incorrect
- SQL - INSERT INTO ... SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE ... does
not respect WHERE clause.
- SQL - CREATE/REMOVE TABLE in DBC fails in multi-user
- SQL - Changes in error message and number with unbalanced
INSERT INTO ... SELECT FROM statements.
- SCREEN - Fatal exception occurs when you minimize and then restore IDE after you add and you release the hook on the _SCREEN.Resize
- Debugger - Fatal exception occurs after you change the value in
the Locals window for the property of a closed modal form.
- Debugger - If Call Stack or Locals window is not open,
a fatal exception occurs after you resume in the Trace window.
- Debugger - Fatal exception occurs after you resume with a
large array in the Watch window.
- Debugger - Fatal exception occurs when you paste an expression
in the Watch window.
- Editor - Fatal exception occurs when you choose View
Definition or Look Up Reference from the context menu when you edit a stored
- Editor - Fatal exception occurs when you comment code from
the context menu.
- Menus - Fatal exception occurs on push or pop menu or SET
SYSMENU TO DEFAULT after you modify 2 reports.
- Menus - Fatal exception with SET SYSMENU TO DEFAULT after
you close the debugger.
- Options Dialog - Search path that is set on the Files tab in the
Options dialog box and then saved as the default is not persisted in later Visual
- Report Designer - Close box does not appear under Windows
NT 4.0 when the preview window is maximized.
- RI Builder - The RI Builder generates the following error message:
- Task pane - Fatal exception occurs when Community pane
cannot connect to a Web service when using a startup program.
- Task pane - Community pane does not connect if Internet Explorer is
configured to use proxy.
- Toolbars - Black and white toolbars can cause Visual FoxPro
to stop responding.
OLE DB Provider
- Command execution is serialized across all processes.
- IDBCreateSessionImpl::CreateSession does not check return
value from IID_IObjectWithSite::SetSite and causes C5.
- InterlockedCompareExchange and InterlockedExchangeAdd do
not use multithreaded protection.
- CFGInitFailed() in Visual FoxPro OLE DB Provider
(VFPOLEDB.dll) shows MessageBox.
- Thread-safe improvements for the Visual FoxPro OLE DB
- Make OLE DB Provider read ENGINEBEHAVIOR and TABLEVALIDATE
settings from CONFIG.FPW.
- Memory leak in VFPOLEDB.dll
- SET ENGINEBEHAVIOR affects all connections for the same
- Fatal exception error occurs when program cache is
- Fatal exception reporting dialog box can appear multiple times
with some crashes.
- SET NOTIFY CURSOR OFF makes _TALLY behave as if
- If InstallShield Express setup project contains both Visual
FoxPro 7.0 and Visual FoxPro 8.0 Merge Modules (MSM), you receive an error message when you build
- When you access an array row that is greater than
4,906, you receive the following error message:
Array dimensions are
Article ID: 824071 - Last Review: February 16, 2005 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0 Professional Edition