Building OLE DB applications for SQL Server CE 1.1, SQL Server CE 2.0, and Windows CE .NET
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article discusses the location and the use of a new header file, Ssceoledb.h. You use the Ssceoledb.h file when you build Microsoft SQL Server CE 1.1 and 2.0 OLEDB applications on Microsoft Windows .NET devices.
The new header file, Ssceoledb.h (for SQL Server CE 1.1 Service Pack 1 and SQL Server CE 2.0), is an integration of the Oledb.h file, the Oledb.lib file, and the previous Ssceoledb.h file.
For example, to build the NorthWindOLEDB sample application for Microsoft Windows Powered Pocket PC 2003 under Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++4.0 Service Pack 2), follow these steps:
- Dowload and expand the Ssceoledb.h file from the Microsoft Web site that is in the "Download Information" topic.
- Copy the Ssceoledb.h file to a folder where the eMbedded Visual C++ project can include it.
- Create a new eMbedded Visual C++4.0 project, and then copy the files from the NorthWindOLEDB sample that is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server CE 2.0\Samples\eVC\NorthwindOleDb.
- Include the new Ssceoledb.h header file in the copy, and then follow these steps:
- Remove all references to the Oledb.h file by removing the "#include <oledb.h>" line from the application's source files.
- Remove the Oledb.lib file from your link libraries list.
- Remove symbols like DBINITCONSTANTS, OLEDBVER, and INITGUID from your source code.
- Make sure that you include the Ole32.lib, Oleaut32.lib, and the Uuid.lib files in your link library list under Project Settings.
- Make sure to call the following function before calling these OLE DB methods:
If an error occurs with your program at run time, add OLE DB error checking. For more information about OLE DB errors, see the "Using OLE DB Error Objects" topic in SQL Server CE 2.0 Books Online.
Download InformationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Release Date: SEP-05-2003
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online ServicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++4.0 Service Pack 2With Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2), eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 users can target Microsoft Windows CE .NET 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 devices. You must install the eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 SP2 version on top of existing eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 installations. To download eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 SP2, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 825393 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 00:40:30 - Revision: 2.5
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Windows CE Edition 2.0, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Windows CE Edition 1.1 SP1 Update
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbfile kbinfo KB825393