This article describes how to create a hyperlink to show additional data in the Database Results region.
This article assumes that Microsoft FrontPage is installed on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home, or Microsoft Windows Server 2003, that you have already created and saved a Web site and database, and that the database can be accessed over the World Wide Web (WWW).
Create the Hyperlink Page
- In Page
view, create or open a page that contains a Database Results region that is formatted as a table or list.
Note You cannot create a hyperlink in a Database Results region that is formatted as a drop-down list.
- Right-click the Database Results
region, and then click Database Results Properties. The Database Results Wizard
starts. Click Next
to go to step 3.
- In step 3 of the Database Results Wizard, click Edit List.
- In the Displayed fields list, click to select the items that you do not want to appear on the Web page, click Remove, and then click OK.
- Click Next
until you reach the last step of the Database Results Wizard, and then click Finish.
- Select the field that you want to use for the hyperlink text, and then click Insert Hyperlink. For example, to create an employee listing, select the field that contains the employees' last names.
- In the Insert Hyperlink
dialog box, type or select the URL of the page where you want to display the Database Results region, click Parameters, and then click Add.
- In the Name
box, type or select the name of a unique field that contains the values that you want to pass as parameters. Typically, this field is the primary key. The Value
box will contain the appropriate value.
- Click OK
until you return to the Web page.
Create the Display Page
- In Page
view, create or open a page that contains a Database Results region that is formatted as a table or list. Make sure that you use the same database connection and record source that you used when you created the first (hyperlink) page.
- Go to step 3 of the Database Results Wizard, click More Options, click Criteria, and then click Add.
- In the Field Name
list, click the unique field that matches the hyperlink parameter that you selected on the initial results page (most likely the primary key). For example, if you chose a field named EmployeeID as the hyperlink parameter on the initial results page, click EmployeeID.
- In the Comparison
list, click Equals.
- In the Value
box, leave the default value, which is the same as Field Name.
- Click to select the Use this search form field check box.
Although you will not use a search form, selecting theUse this search form field check box allows the Database Results region to accept the hyperlink value.
- Click OK
to return to the Database Results Wizard, and then click Next
to go to step 5.
- Click Display all records together, and then click Finish.
If you do not want to use the default search feature that appears, drag the mouse pointer to select it, and then press DELETE.
Article ID: 825500 - Last Review: January 10, 2015 - Revision: 1.7
- Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB825500|