You cannot hide or show the Business Contact Manager toolbar in Outlook 2007 or in Outlook 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you work with the Business Contact Manager
toolbar in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, you may experience the following symptoms:
- You cannot hide the toolbar.
- You can delete the toolbar, but you cannot show the toolbar again.
This behavior occurs because the Business Contact Manager toolbar is designed as an integral part of Business Contact Manager. You cannot hide the toolbar.
To work around this behavior, use one of the following methods.
To delete the Business Contact Manager
toolbar, follow these steps.
- On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, click Business Contact Manager, and then click Delete.
- Click Close to close the Customize dialog box.
To show the Business Contact Manager
toolbar if the toolbar has been deleted, follow these steps:
- On the Help menu, click Detect and Repair.
- In the Detect and Repair dialog box, click to select the Restore my shortcuts while repairing check box (if it is not selected), and then click Start.
The Business Contact Manager
toolbar is installed by Microsoft Business Contact Manager. By default, the Business Contact Manager
toolbar contains the following items:
- Link to History: You can select Business Contacts, Accounts, or Opportunities.
- Select button: This button changes to Select Business Contact, Select Account, or Select Opportunity, depending on what you select in the Link to History box.
- Business Contact Manager Help
Article ID: 828245 - Last Review: 02/27/2014 21:20:03 - Revision: 2.2
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtoolbar kbprb KB828245