Mind map layer added to layer properties of a drawing in Visio 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you view the Layer Properties (on the View menu) of your Microsoft Office Visio 2003 drawing, you find that the Mind Map layer has been added.
This behavior occurs when you add the Meeting shape to your Visio 2003 drawing.
Note When you add a shape to a Visio 2003 drawing, you do not expect a layer to be added.
To work around this behavior, remove the Mind Map layer from your Office Visio drawing. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open your Visio 2003 drawing.
- On the View menu, click Layer Properties.
- In the Layer Properties dialog box, click Mind Map, and then click Remove.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message:
Removing this layer will delete all shapes belonging to it. Remove the layer?
- Click OK to close the Layer Properties dialog box.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section of this article.
To add the Meeting shape to a new Visio 2003 drawing, follow these steps:
- Start Visio 2003.
- On the File menu, point to New, point to Brainstorming, and then click either Brainstorming Diagram (US Units) or click Brainstorming Diagram (Metric).
- In the Shapes task pane, click either Legend Shapes (US Units) or click Legend Shapes (Metric).
- Drag the Meeting shape to your new Visio 2003 drawing.
mindmap visio11 visio 11
Article ID: 829774 - Last Review: 01/11/2015 05:30:31 - Revision: 1.4
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2003
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB829774