This article describes how to insert a column in an XSLT
Data View that counts the number of records in that Data View.
When you insert a Data View Web Part, you can add a column
to the table and have it display a running count of records in your XSLT Data
View. To add a column to your XSLT Data View, Follow these steps:
- Put the insertion point inside any table cell that contains
- On the Table menu, point to
Insert, and then click Rows or
- Click Columns, and then click
- Put the insertion point inside one of the new table cells
that you created in the same row as the data that you want to work
Do not use the header row of the table for this
- Click the down arrow next to the
<td> button on the Quick Tag Selector
- Click Insert HTML.
- Replace "<>" with
- Click the green checkmark to approve the change.
You will now have a value in each row that indicates the number
of records in the Data View.
Article ID: 831094 - Last Review: January 10, 2015 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007
- Microsoft Expression Web
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbview kbwebpublishing kbxml kbweb kbhowto KB831094|