How to add a column to an XSLT Data View that counts the lines in that Data View in Expression Web, in SharePoint Designer 2007, or in FrontPage 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to insert a column in an XSLT Data View that counts the number of records in that Data View.
When you insert a Data View Web Part, you can add a column to the table and have it display a running count of records in your XSLT Data View. To add a column to your XSLT Data View, Follow these steps:
- Put the insertion point inside any table cell that contains XML data.
- On the Table menu, point to Insert, and then click Rows or Columns.
- Click Columns, and then click OK.
- Put the insertion point inside one of the new table cells that you created in the same row as the data that you want to work with.
Do not use the header row of the table for this purpose.
- Click the down arrow next to the <td> button on the Quick Tag Selector tool bar.
- Click Insert HTML.
- Replace "<>" with <xsl:number/>.
- Click the green checkmark to approve the change.
kbnoOfficeAlertID FP11 FP2003 WSS SPS EW EWD SPD2007 SPD
Article ID: 831094 - Last Review: 01/10/2015 14:52:35 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0, Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007, Microsoft Expression Web
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbview kbwebpublishing kbxml kbweb kbhowto KB831094