How to use OneNote 2003 with the Offline Files feature
For additional information about how to set up Windows XP for the Offline Files feature, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
However, you may have to use the following tips for the best experience. You may have to use these tips because of the way that OneNote 2003 works with the files. The way that OneNote works with the files may cause some problems with the Offline Files feature.
- Make sure that you quit OneNote 2003 before you perform the synchronization, and make sure that you are fully online. If the Offline Files icon still appears in the notification area of the Microsoft Windows task bar, you have not fully synchronized. Verify that you have received the following error message. If you do not receive this error message, you may not be fully online:Reconnecting to the network causes a synchronization to occur. In order to begin synchronization, all of your files and folders must be closed.
Please close all of your files and folders and press OK. Any remaining open files will be forcibly closed by Windows.
- Verify that all your OneNote 2003 files are available for offline use. If you do not see an Offline Files icon next to the files or folders (a box with two blue arrows), they are not marked for offline use. OneNote 2003 stores all its information in the path\My Documents\My Notebook folder. To make all your OneNote 2003 information available offline, mark the My Notebook folder for offline use.
For more information about how to mark files or folders for offline use, see the article reference at the top of the "More Information" section.
- Perform a full synchronization every time before you go offline and after you reconnect online.
To perform a full synchronization, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Synchronize. You must be connected to the network (online) to synchronize files.
Note If you click Synchronize after you click the Offline Files icon in the notification area, a full synchronization will not be performed.
- Make sure that you are running the latest service pack that is available for your operating system.
Article ID: 831596 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 22:49:32 - Revision: 6.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo KB831596